Ebeli accepts new students annually through student selections. There will be openings for new students in all instruments!
APPLICATION PERIOD IS APRIL 7TH – MAY 10TH 2021
Application instructions will be published during March 2021.
The audition consists of a videotaped performance (1-2 minutes) and a short interview (5-10 minutes) in Google Hangouts Meet.
Please register for the student selections in the Eepos online-service. In the service you can also choose the day and time of your interview. The audition video must be delivered to Ebeli’s Google Drive, and the interviews are held during week 21.
Instructions for making the video:
- perform a pop or jazz piece of your own choice
- you may sing/play the piece with or without accompaniment. As accompaniment you can use a backing track, or if possible, a live accompanist (perhaps a family member), or you can accompany yourself if it’s the most natural way for you. Accompaniment is not required
- tell your name, and the name of the song/piece you are performing before you start the singing/playing
- make sure your whole instrument is seen on the video (singers are fine with half-body)
- the quality needs not to be higher than a “home video”, so you can perfectly well record with a smart phone at your own home
- try to get a still view by putting the phone/camera on a stand, or ask the person filming you to hold it steady
- make sure there’s enough light
- make sure your singing/playing is heard properly on the video, and when using accompaniment make sure the volume is in balance with your own vocals/instrument
- the most preferable length for the video is 1-2 minutes, maximum 3 minutes
The interview lasts for 5-10 minutes, during which you will meet 1-2 Ebeli teachers. We will ask you about your plans and wishes for Ebeli studies.
SECONDARY INSTRUMENT APPLICANTS:
EMO and Ebeli students who want to apply for a secondary instrument will also have to sign in through the Eepos link.
Applicants for a secondary instrument will also deliever a video and attend the interview. Please follow the instructions above.
TECHNICAL INSTRUCTIONS FOR LOADING THE VIDEO TO GOOGLE DRIVE AND ATTENDING THE GOOGLE HANGOUTS MEET INTERVIEW HERE (In Finnish).
Please contact Ebeli Office if you have any questions!
THE RESULTS of the student selections will be sent via email to all applicants.